The Ghillie Kettle ? Adventurer boils approximately 1.5lt or 5 Mugs of water in a few minutes and is the largest type in the Ghillie Kettle range.
One of our all time favourite accessories. You can get the Storm Kettle, the Volcano Kettle, the Micro Kettle, the MKettle and the Kelly Kettle. They are all slightly different, be it the chain (chrome or brass), the size (small, medium, large) or the material (stainless steel, aluminium, hard anodised, silver anodised). But the Ghillie Kettle stands apart from all the rest for one very special reason: It has a unique safety feature in its WHISTLE.
The thing is, we know that the Ghillie Kettle is made in the UK, in the Heart of England to be precise. We know that each kettle is hand made, using the traditional manufacturing method of metal spinning. These are not mass produced by a faceless machine overseas and we believe that this means they are, just a little bit special.
The Ghillie Kettle is ideal for any outdoor activity: Camping, Hiking, Fishing, Off Roading, Expedition and Overlanding. You can use them in the harshest of conditions and they are quick, clean, durable and simple to use.
There is no need to carry around any artificial or gas fuels. Just use what Mother Nature provides in the Great Outdoors.
How they work:
These are so easy to use??
- Water is poured into the spout from a clean water source: A tap, from a river, from a bottle etc.
- The whistle is then placed over the top of the spout.
- The doughnut shaped tube/chimney contains the combustible material that lies in the bottom of the pan on which the kettle sits.
- Once lit, flames rise through the middle of the chimney., the hole at the side of the bottom of the pan allows more fuel (twigs, bracken, pine cones, paper etc) to be added and also allows oxygen to be sucked in as the flames rise. You can, and will probably need to, add combustible items down through the centre of the chimney.
- Wait a few minutes for it to boil!
The Ghillie Kettle has a brilliant effective safety measure that other kettles do not have ? a whistle. When the water reaches boiling point, the steam it gives off activates the whistle, just like the old-fashioned kettle Grandma used to have.
- Uses natural fuel
- Lightweight aluminium construction
- Works well in wet and windy conditions
- Includes carry bag and instructions
- Dimensions: 34cm x 18.5cm
- Weight: 900g
- Capacity: 1.42lt